Blue Ridge Biofuels Biodiesel Production
Blue Ridge Biofuels is Western North Carolina’s premier alternative fuel provider. We provide a used cooking oil collection service to over 500 restaurants and kitchens, along with the recycling bins for residential use. In business since 2005, we have sold over 1,000,000 gallons of 100% biodiesel. We sell biodiesel at public fuel stations as well as deliver to area fleets, cities, municipalities, farms, schools, and homes across Western North Carolina. We are the only oil collection service provider in WNC.
We work hard to keep the valuable resource of used cooking oil in our region when otherwise it would be shipped out of state to be used in animal feed and cheap cosmetics. Used cooking oil is the most environmentally sustainable raw material for biodiesel production.
Competition for recycling used cooking oil is fierce due to its rising value on the commodities market. However, used cooking oil is still less expensive than soybean oil which allows Blue Ridge Biofuels’ biodiesel to remain competitive in price with petroleum diesel.
Recycling bins made by T-Fab manufacturing in Asheville are being placed at strategic locations through Buncombe County and Western North Carolina. The used cooking oil you recycle is collected in vacuum trucks and brought back to Blue Ridge Biofuels’ manufacturing plant in the River District of Asheville where it is processed into clean-burning, locally-made biodiesel fuel. Biodiesel can be used in any diesel engine including cars, trucks, farm and construction equipment, and even home heating furnaces. No modifications are necessary!
Blue Ridge Biofuels is at the forefront of a global push for more sustainable energy resources and healthier communities. All our fuel meets national ASTM D6751 standards. We are a member of the National Biodiesel Board and a founding member of the North Carolina Biodiesel Association.
The Benefits of Blue Ridge Biofuels’ Biodiesel:
- Biodiesel is better for the environment with much lower green house gas emissions.
- Biodiesel improves the air quality of our mountains and adds to our quality of life.
- Biodiesel creates skilled, well-paying jobs.
- Biodiesel keeps money and valuable resources in our local economy.
- Biodiesel increases our fuel security – on the local, state, and national levels.
- Biodiesel can be used in any existing diesel engine without modifications. It is a direct replacement for petroleum diesel.
- Biodiesel offers better performance and extends the life of engines and equipment.
- Biodiesel is a fuel we can all support.